LIST OF ISSUES
Below is a list of the issues I believe impact our district
In Annapolis, I will fight for access to quality education for all.
1. I will fight for the closing of the opportunity gap to ensure that all students receive equity in education and educational opportunity.
2. I will fight to ensure that students in need of special education receive the appropriate public education services that is due to them; this includes ensuring that the children receive proper special education and related services.
3. I will fight to ensure that appropriate state funds are allocated to meet the educational needs of our children, including funding to repair and build new and better schools.
4. Our post high school education is becoming more and more expensive and we need to make two year colleges and vocational programs free or much more affordable so students are not coming out with high educational debt or not attending at all. In Annapolis, I will fight for our students.
In Annapolis, I will fight for access to affordable and practical transportation options.
1. I will fight to ensure the Purple Line Project is funded for better transportation options for D20.
2. I will fight to ensure that funds are provided for Bus Rapid Transit system for D20.
3. I will fight to ensure that state roads like US 29 are maintained, especially during the winter.
4. I will fight to ensure that the proposed dedicated funding for Metro is passed and ensure that workers rights and work place safety is paramount.
In Annapolis, I will fight for proper housing and economic development in D20.
1. I will fight to ensure that the economic development slated for D20 is for D20 residents by working in collaboration with county officials and developers to foster proper training for D20 residents and proper outreach to the D20 community of employment opportunities.
2. I will fight to ensure that affordable and proper housing is provided for the D20 residents, including renters and owners.
3. I will fight to ensure that the slated revitalization of White Oak (the White Science Gateway Master Plan) benefits D20 residents, including working to ensure that the area is not gentrified to the extent of severely displacing the current residents.
4. I will fight for worker's rights and safety in the workplace. A safe working environment and fair wages makes for a good employee which makes for a successful company and results in a good economy.
In Annapolis, I will fight for affordable quality healthcare.
1. I will fight for healthcare bill that will provide affordable quality healthcare for all.
2. I will fight for affordable health insurance policies.
3. I will fight for affordable quality women's health services.
In Annapolis, I will fight for sensible environmental policies that will protect D20 today and for future generations.
Immigrant Rights & Protections
In Annapolis, I will fight for immigrant rights and protections to ensure that Maryland remains the progressive state that we are.
1. I will fight to ensure that the Trust Act/Safe Ace is passed to ensure that immigrants are not in constant fear in their own community and to keep our district the great diverse community it is.
In Annapolis, I will fight for proper policing and safety in our communities
1. I will work with the police and the community to ensure that policies are put in place to address cultural sensitivity in how police and the community interact.
2. I will work with the police, community and other elected officials to ensure police safety while they perform their jobs.